Sunday, June 8, 2008

Oh! The disappointment!

So i was thinking today: Jesus, i haven't had a Bell's Oberon in a while. I haven't even seen one. This is the beer that used to actually penetrate my dreams last summer. I imagined a fire hose blasting that sweet, citrusy wheat beer right into my mouth, caressing my taste buds, and flowing into my satisfied gullet.

But no, not this summer. It seems that Bell's had pulled out its Illinois distribution back in 06. This article outlines the reasons, but also reveals a world of shady beer exchanging. Do you know about the three tier system? Do you know how the big beer companies attempt to control the flow of craft beer? read on, my student, and you will know as i do.

http://www.chicagoreader.com/features/stories/bells/


edit: Dave.2 says, read this article; read this article.

No comments: