Friday, October 17, 2008

Thinking about All Grain

So in a conversation with Caspito yesterday, I mentioned that maybe we won't do all-grain next week. Well, I think I've changed my mind. And I think I'm going to buy the setup today. I've been doing some research and come across one that seems like it's in a reasonable price range, seems pretty sturdy, and allows for long-time use. Check it:

Its 35-quart capacity (which translates into roughly 8.75 gallons in math easyspeak) will be plenty big for brewing. The large top of the burner will help prevent boil-over, since it's not 10 gallons, this will be very very helpful to keep things clean. I'm waiting to hear back some info from some BA'ers, and then I'm going to go to Lowes in Pleasant Ridge tonight or tomorrow to check out the thickness and feel, and go from there to see if I should get it. If it feels good, I'm in. I'll have to keep you updated on that one.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Steve said...

Where did you find that? Let me know what you think about it. It looks perfect for getting into all-grain brewing.

Dave v1.2 said...

found it at lowes. went ahead and picked it up on friday. i'm about halfway through putting it together and it's a pretty solid setup. thicker aluminum, pout spout, etc. and for only 99 bucks it seems like a pretty damn good purchase. will let you know when we use it on thursday to see where setup actually stands