Friday, November 7, 2008

Got Me Some Man on My Wall

Bottled up some Batch 9.1 last night. Didn't actually go through with the Man/God Remix, but what we did was still pretty interesting. Before I get into that, let me just say that with some of the changes to this beer (including the addition of a lb and a quarter of Special B Grain, among others), something magical has happened. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I can tell you from previous "bottling tastings," that this batch will be, well, better. It just tastes like I've been brewing for longer. Even though it is an extract beer, I could just tell there was a level of improvement that I have yet to register in past brews. That being said, here's how the whole thing went down:

Since we made 4 gallons of Man, in preparation to blend with God, we didn't have a ton of beer to put into bottles, but still a sizable amount. First, in regular brewing fashion, the sugar was added (I would have loved to have put malt in at this step, but am fresh out :( ), and off the bat locked up 24 12-oz bottles. After that, I had two special yeast samples: Lacto B. and Brettamyoces, which I threw into the bottling bucket with the rest of Man - essentially creating some type of super version of Man... - did a bit of mild coaxing to get all the mini-bacteriums soaked in, and then bottled another 13 bombers of the stuff.

So the good news is that this version of Man is going to be incredible. The bad news is that the soured bombers aren't going to be ready for uhh... a few years? Shit. Brewing sucks.

1 comment:

Lanceurxf said...

Stunt Mania Free Dirt Bike Games. Stunt Mania ? free dirt bike games Game Description: In Stunt Mania you have to perform as many stunts as you can to score points and move to next level. Play game Dirt Bike 5 Flash online freeat Y8. Dirt Bike 5 is a 1 player Balancing Obstacle Motorcycle free Flash game. Play it now on www.y8 LEGO Games. LEGO� DUPLO�Draw Game. 2012-01-27T12:00. Draw Game. 2,allGames,preschool, LEGO� DUPLO�Music Game. LEGO� HEROICA Become a hero and join the battle to free HEROICA!