Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lagers List

Here's links to every single "Top 10" Lager list on Beer Advocate worth looking at:

American All-Malt Lager
American Amber / Red Lager
American Double / Imperial Pilsner
California Common / Steam Beer
Light Lager

Czech Pilsner

Bock
Doppelbock
Dortmunder / Export Lager
German Pilsener
Marzen / Oktoberfest
Vienna Lager


Although not the end all be all when it comes to the best in each category, I'm sure the average beer drinker will find a number of brews from each list that they've tried and possibly enjoyed.

Part forgetfulness, part naivety, and I realized in my search - Oh, I hate to admit this - that Bock and Doppelbock styled beers are in fact, lagers. I want to say that somewhere in the back of my brain I knew this, but whatever.


As for this lists, there are a number of good brews that I'm sure even the most insatiable of palates (cough, dave) may become satisfied. for instance:

Great Lakes Eliot Ness
Great Lakes Oktoberfest
Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold
St. Victorious Doppelbock
Sam Adams Hallertau Imperial Pilsner (a personal favorite of mine)

etc., I'm sure there are more.


I suppose that you, my friend, are more ill towards the thought of the American Light Lagers; those that have become the staple of the overweight majority. The question then persists:

Can we find a palatable American Light Lager or Pilsner? the search continues...

No comments: